Silver Program Level
A school that achieves SILVER LEVEL in the SEP program will meet the following criteria:
- Complete Ohio’s K12 Prevention Self Assessment for the building (results from this assessment from the previous school year may be used)
- Implement two strategies or programs for students that reach 50% of the student body
- Implement two parent/guardian strategies or programs that reach 20% of the parent/guardian population (Parent population will be calculated on a one-to-one ratio with the student population. Ex; 1500 students will be counted as 1500 parents/guardians)
- Implement two strategies or programs for staff members that reach 50% of the staff
- Implement one student-risk screener that reaches 25% of the student body
- Implement one peer-to-peer engagement program or strategy.
- Examine and revise one school policy/procedure related to student substance, alcohol, or tobacco use; student discipline; staff prevention programming professional development; or drug-free workplace. Examples may include revisiting the student alcohol use policy and revising the policy to provide prevention programming for students in lieu of suspension, or mandating opioid training for coaches and athletes.
- The person who is coordinating Schools of Excellence in Prevention in the building must take the 1 hour MCESC Prevention Science training.
- Implement a Level I Prevention-Specific Plan (see details under examples)
©2020 All Rights Reserved Montgomery County Alcohol Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board